With the rising temperatures, most homeowners are getting ready to turn on their A/C units. Unfortunately, sometimes they don’t start or they just don’t cool properly. There can be a variety of reasons why equipment problems occur and that is why we stress that annual maintenance be performed.
Some of the most A/C service problems we encounter are:
- Rodents have chewed through the wires, it could be the low voltage or line voltage
- The outside disconnect may not be making proper contact
- The contactor has a mouse nest which is preventing the current to pass through
- Main breaker is off
- Main breaker is defective
- Thermostat is not set to cool mode
- Bad condenser motor
- Bad capacitor
- Defective compressor
- Plugged filter
With our annual preventative maintenance programs, you can be assured that your equipment will be in proper working condition when you need it.
If you have any HVAC related questions, give us a call at your convenience.