The recent rainfall has caused massive damage to numerous homes and businesses. We can’t control the weather but we can be proactive in protecting our property from water damage.
If your home is in a low lying area then your options are very limited. But for most properties you should do the following:
- Divert the water away from the house via drainage swales or French drains
- Make sure your downspouts divert the water away from the house.
- Make sure sump pumps discharge the water away from the foundation.
- Install a professional grade battery back up sump pump.
- If your crawl space or basement is prone to seepage then a professional grade dehumidifier is a necessity to prevent musty odors and mold or mildew growth.
- If your HVAC equipment has been damaged by water we will give you a free evaluation and safety inspection.