How Much Does a New Furnace Cost?

When the furnace or HVAC fails, you notice. You could do some preventative care on your furnace in Chicagoland, but you might need to buy a new unit. If your best option is to install a new furnace, consider these important factors before purchase.

how much does a new furnace cost

Finding the Best Furnace in Northern Illinois

You’ll initially want to think about the kind of furnace you want to install. Because furnaces persist for 15-20 years, it’s likely that the options out now weren’t available when the unit was originally installed.

Natural gas is what powers the most popular home furnaces. The price of standard natural gas furnaces varies from $2,250-$3,800. More expenses could accrue depending on the intricacies of the installation or when you choose more efficient heating and cooling in the Chicagoland area.

Oil furnaces came before gas counterparts and are sold in some states still, but those furnaces have proven to be less effective. They range from $2,200-$2,500 to cover installation or more when existing ductwork must be adjusted.

An alternative to intricate HVAC units that are growing in popularity is heat pumps. They pull heat in from the ground or air with refrigerant coils. Such furnaces can work as air conditioning systems in when it’s hot out, but a lot won’t function in very cold climates, restricting their effectiveness.

Furnace Performance

Gas furnaces have a multitude of options that affect their price.

Heat production marked by British Thermal Units (BTUs) is the first. “Ordinary” homes are aptly heated with a 60,000 BTU furnace. Systems with greater BTU output aren’t fundamentally better for humbler homes. The price will be higher and they reach ideal temperatures too fast, then shut off to create an inconsistent level of comfort.

Think about the efficiency of your furnace next. Older-model furnaces were usually estimated 80% efficient or less. The remaining 20% included heat that was wasted. A lot of the newer models earn 90% or more on ratings. Some fall in the 94-95% realm. This little spike in performance means utility expenses are lower.

Consider these standards for residential furnaces in Northern Illinois.

Furnace Labor Rates in Illinois

A couple warranties control furnace operation and installation. The manufacturer’s warranty is issued with the furnace and guards against deficiencies in the actual furnace like mislighting pilot lights or inoperable fans. The contractor’s warranty handles the effort involved in performing repairs when the furnace isn’t properly working. It’s generally valid for a term of 5-10 years. Extended warranties are offered by some contractors for additional fees.

If still you have unanswered questions and you want to know how to choose the best furnace, then contact us here on our site or give us a call at our 24/7 service number — (815) 220-5125. It’s much more fun to brag to friends about surviving the cold weather in a warm home!