Carbon Monoxide is Odorless & Colorless

What is Carbon Monoxide?

It is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that can be toxic to humans and animals. Typical symptoms are headaches, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue. If you breathe in a lot of CO it can make you pass out or kill you. People who are sleeping, for example, can die from CO poisoning before they have symptoms. Your furnace is a source of carbon monoxide, especially if it has a defective heat exchanger.

A good rule of thumb is to check the batteries in your detector every time change. So every winter and spring for daylight savings time. It should be replaced every 5 years as well. There are different types of carbon monoxide detectors and each one detects CO levels differently.

 

Lexie says, “To keep your family safe, install CO Detectors and have your furnace cleaned and inspected annually by our technicians.”

carbon monoxide - hvac repair crystal lake il

Call us today to schedule a furnace inspection and cleaning! If you have any more questions about heat exchangers or furnaces, we are more than happy to answer them!

Phone: 815-220-5125
E-mail: info@officialhvac.com


Official Heating & Cooling provides air conditioning repairs in Elgin and surrounding areas! We also do aeroseal duct sealing for you home!