Carbon Monoxide Detector
Many people think that just having any type of fire and carbon monoxide detector in their home will protect them. That is probably more accurate with fire/smoke detectors than it is for CO monitors.
CO is an odorless gas that can kill you if it is inhaled. The health risk is based on age, physical condition, PPM (Parts Per Million) in the air and the length of time inhaling it. Unfortunately, most of the store bought units don’t warn you until the CO PPM is 70. ASHRAE standards state that anything over 9 PMM for an 8 hour period can be detrimental to your health. Many fire departments will wear breathing apparatus when the CO can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, confusion, and orientation. Breathing low CO levels regularly may you cause permanent mental or physical problems.
To truly protect your family from CO-related health issues, every home should invest in a professional grade low-level CO monitor. Keep your family safe with the best quality carbon monoxide detector. The product that we install for our customers can detect CO levels as low as 5 PPM. If you would like to have that level of safety and peace of mind please give us a call at 815-220-5125 or fill out our contact form.